Upper arm lift at estethica
In the area of the upper arms, the natural aging process of the skin is often particularly visible. As in other parts of the body, the skin on the upper arms slackens and tends to form wrinkles. Through an upper arm lift with or without surgery at estethica, the sagging skin on the upper arms can be tightened for a long time and a youthful appearance can be regained.
ATTENTION: Everyone is unique. This means that the treatment process, planning and outcomes can be different for you. The information you see here is the averages encountered in a large sample size. For details please contact us via WhatsApp: +49 170 5473999
Causes of sagging epidermis
If the skin on the upper arms is flaccid, it hangs down into more or less pronounced skin flaps. Those affected find it particularly unpleasant that the excess skin resonates with every movement of the arm, and the disrespectful term "wink arms" has established itself in the vernacular.
The slackening can have different causes. First and foremost is the natural aging process: With increasing age, the body produces less collagen. However, the protein is necessary for the elasticity and flexibility of the skin. If collagen production decreases, the skin slackens on the upper arms and hangs down. However, genetic connective tissue weakness can cause the skin on the upper arms to sag as a result of a lack of collagen fibres at an early age.
Another very common cause of "wink arms" are extensive diets: Due to heavy weight loss, excess fat is broken down throughout the body. The skin stretched around the fat mass before usually regresses much more slowly than the fat. With very large weight loss the stretching of the skin remains usually even durably. In this case, the skin flaps on the upper arms can be particularly pronounced.Free initial consultation
Surgical upper arm lift at estethica
Surgical upper arm lift at estethica
- Depending on the degree of sagging skin, an elliptical incision is made on the inside of the upper arms from the armpit to the elbows. If the amount of skin to be removed is larger, the incision can also be widened. The excess skin is removed at the open edges of the incision.
- The skin edges are then pulled together and sewn together. Scarring cannot be avoided during the procedure, but it will not be visible later on when the arms are hanging down.
- Approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the operation, a support bandage must be worn on the upper arm during the day in order to support wound healing and smooth skin integration.
Upper arm lift without surgery
With estethica, a satisfactory upper arm lift may initially be possible without surgery. Our experienced plastic surgeons use liposuction to remove excess fat from the upper arms. The procedure is minimally invasive, i.e. using thin cannulae inserted on the inside of the upper arms. Modern laser technology (laser lipolysis) is also used for this purpose, which liquefies the fat cells and makes suction even more gentle.
A prerequisite for an upper arm lift without surgery is that the upper arm skin still has good elasticity, i.e. after liposuction a tight skin appearance can be achieved. The procedure is most successful when the accumulation of fat is very low and the patient still has a youthful complexion. However, liposuction is more frequently used in combination with a surgical upper arm lift.
Procedure of upper arm lifting with estethica
- Our specialists for upper arm lifting will first examine you thoroughly and discuss the necessary treatment steps with you.
- The planned incision is then drawn on the epidermis. Of course, your wishes regarding the extent of the tightening will also be taken into account.
- Smoking should be avoided as early as 1 week before the procedure and 2 weeks after the procedure in order not to endanger wound healing.
- The duration of the upper arm lift varies with the individual scope of treatment. As a rule, the procedure lasts 1 to 2 hours and requires a hospital stay of 1 night.
- The operation takes place under general anesthesia. If the surgical removal of the epidermis is limited to a small area or if liposuction is sufficient for successful lifting, the operation is performed under local anaesthesia. The upper arm lift is therefore painless.
Risks of an upper arm lift
At estethica, the upper arm lift is performed by experienced specialists in the field of cosmetic surgery according to the latest medical standards and with the utmost care. Therefore, the procedure is usually performed without any complications. As with any open surgery, there are some risks associated with an upper arm lift, which often only occur if the surgery is not performed properly. This applies above all to nerve damage caused by incorrectly made incisions.
After the operation there may be slight swelling with little pain. However, these are only a side effect of the natural wound healing process. In order to support wound healing, our specialists recommend wearing a compression stocking on the upper arm for up to 3 weeks after the operation and to refrain from any sporting activity. This also prevents the development of bulge scars or very broad scar tissue.
For a smooth wound healing and a smooth and firm final result, it is recommended to refrain from direct sunlight for at least 6 months and to support the healing process with a silicon-containing wound ointment. 2 weeks after the operation, a medical wound check must be carried out.